Sheridon Stokes is a fantastic coach. His lifetime of experience, combined with his patience and passion for teaching, create the perfect coaching cocktail. As a published author, Sheridon has championed a unique approach to both learning and playing the flute (Check out Special Effects for Flute). He is classically trained (he studied the Schillinger system), and highly respected among his peers, yet he possesses the rare ability to play all genres of music–making his coaching method highly desirable and relevant. He genuinely enjoys empowering his clients and students with the knowledge they need to be better musicians and performers, but also more well rounded people.
Enjoy one-on-one, group, or even skype sessions with Sheridon. In addition, he offers diagnostician services for those pesky problems you are having trouble correcting. His expertise regarding the flute is vast, and he is happy to share his insight with you.
Below are some of Sheridon’s notable students:
- David Soul – Actor acclaimed for his character “Hutch” from the television show, Starsky and Hutch.
- Fred Selden – Famous studio musician well known for his work on the documentary, March of the Penguins, and the feature film, Admissions.
- Glynis Johns – Famous actress well known for her work opposite Richard Burton in Under Milk Wood, and her roles in Mary Poppins, Miranda, and Mad about Men.
- Louise Di Tullio – Well known flutist in Hollywood for her work on hundreds of scores including, the Color Purple, Star Trek, War Horse, and X-Men. She has also played with Barbara Streisand, Frank Sinatra, and Michael Jackson.
- Susan Greenberg – Nationally renown flutist who plays with Los Angeles’ Chamber Orchestra. In addition, she is the co-director of the Chamber Music Palisades, a non-profit, public benefit corporation dedicated to the promotion and support of classical music.
- Stephanie McNab – Flute and piccolo player for the San Francisco Opera.
(Pricing: $200 per 2 hour session for coaching and/or diagnostician services.)
For coaching inquiries, please Contact Sheridon